Students & Parents » Enrollment



Existing/Former Parent : 


Need Help Registering?
Parents, register your student(s) for one of our Crane District schools. You'll need to click on the link above that pertains to you and complete the registration packet in ParentVue. If you live outside the Crane School District boundaries, you will need to complete the Open Enrollment form during the online registration process. Please have the following information available when you start the registration process.
  • Home Address
  • Home or Work Phone
  • Parent's Names
  • Emergency Contact Information
  • Home Language Survey Form
  • Immunization records
  • Special Education needs
  • Birth Certificate 
You must also supply the following documents. Due to COVID-19, we are currently accepting digital scans of the originals through the online registration portal. When our facilities reopen, we'll ask that you supply the school with the original documents for vertification of authenticity, we'll make copies, and return the originals to you:
  • Your student's birth certificate
  • Immunization Record
  • Report Card
  • Withdrawal Slip
  • Proof of Residency (must provide one of the following): 
  •       Valid Arizona driver's license, Arizona identification card or motor vehicle registration
  •       Valid Arizona Address Confidentiality Program authorization card
  •       Real estate property deed or mortgage documents
  •       Property tax bill
  •       Residential lease or rental agreement (including Section 8 agreement or off-base military housing)
  •       Utility bill (water, electric, gas, cable, phone)
  •       Bank or credit card statement
  •       W-2 wage statement
  •       Payroll stub
  •       Certificate of Tribal enrollment (506 form) or other ID issued by recognized tribe located in AZ
  •       Other documentation from a state, tribal or federal agency (Social Security Administration,       Veterans' Administration, Arizona Department of Economic Security, etc.) 
  •       Temporary on-base billeting facility (for military families).
* For members of the armed services, the provision of verifiable documentation does not serve as a declaration of official residency for income tax or other legal purposes. Armed service members may utilize a temporary on-base billeting facility as the address for proof of residency.
You may also reach out to the Registrar of the school, directly. 


Crane Middle School (Grades: 7-8)
Jeven Davis
Centennial Middle School (Grades: 7-8)
Nora Harries
Gary A. Knox Elementary School (Grades: PS-6)
Melissa Rivera-Torres
Gowan Science Academy (Grades: K-8)
Bernice Villarreal
H.L. Suverkrup Elementary School (Grades: PS-6)
Arianna Borders
Mesquite Elementary School (Grades: PS-6)
Adriana Carranza
Pueblo Elementary School (Grades: PS-6)
Shannon King
Ronald Reagan Elementary School (Grades: PS-6)
Ericka Nelson
Salida del Sol Elementary School (Grades: PS-6)
Denise Fagin
Valley Horizon Elementary School (Grades: PS-6)
Martha Uribe
Great Beginnings Preschool (Grades: PS)
Becky Olaiz
Crane iLearning Academy (Online Academy, Grades: K-8)
Marcy Van Horn
If you are unable to reach any of the above or do not receive a response to your inquiry within 48 hours, you may contact Ana Alfaro, Lead Registrar at 928-373-3409 or via email to

Open Enrollment

Crane Elementary School District is an open enrollment district according to the provisions set forth in Arizona Revised Statutes §15-816 and District Governing Board Policy JFB. Specifics regarding this policy are available at the District Office.
Open Enrollment enables Arizona students to attend public schools outside their attendance area. In accordance with state law, the District has established an open enrollment policy and implemented an open enrollment program without charging tuition for non-resident students and resident transfer students, so long as they are residents of Arizona. Open enrollment applications are available online.
Student Definitions
  • Resident transfer student is a student who resides within the boundaries of Crane Elementary School District and is enrolled in or seeking enrollment in a school that is within the school district but outside the attendance area of the student's residence.
  • Nonresident student means a student who resides in this state and outside the boundaries of Crane Elementary School District and is enrolled in or seeking enrollment in a school district other than the school district in which the student resides.
District resident students may enroll in another school district or in another school within this District. Resident transfer students and nonresident students may enroll in schools within this District, subject to the procedures contained in the documents below.
The table below illustrates the enrollment capacity, by grade level.  Any cells highlighted black represent those schools where specific grade level(s) are not provided at that school.  Those highlighted in red represent grade levels where capacity is met and interested students would be placed on a waiting list.  Green cells indicate those areas where capacity exists.
Program capacities for the school are set by the Governing Board each May, for the following school year, pursuant to Governing Board Policy JFB.  Program capacities take into account the total physical capacity of the school less any classrooms that may be utilized for special area content instruction at the school, district-wide programs such as exceptional student services and English language learners, early childhood development (preschool), and the Crane iLearning Academy, as examples.
Centennial MS
Gary A. Knox ES Gowan Science Academy H.L. Suverkrup ES
Ronald Reagan ES Salida del Sol ES Valley Horizon ES
ESS Resource                    
ESS Self-Contained                    
Enrollment Priorities
If the Governing Board has determined that there is excess capacity to enroll additional pupils, such pupils shall be selected on the basis of designated priority categories from the pool of pupils:
  1. Who have properly completed and submitted applications; and
  2. Who meet admission standards.
The Pupil:
  1. exhibits good school attendance;
  2. demonstrates academic effort;
  3. displays appropriate school behavior as defined by the student handbook.
Transportation of Students Admitted Through Open Enrollment
The District does not transport open-enrollment students except as otherwise required by state or federal law.