We Are Crane Schools
Cultivate a community of learners prepared to continue their intellectual, emotional and physical development.
Growing a community of curious change-makers through innovative problem solving.
- PreKindergarten - 8th Grade
- Full-Day Kindergarten
- 12 District Schools
- Approximately 6,000 students enrolled
- Over 700 Employees
- Free Meals for ALL Students (no application required)
Message from Superintendent Laurie Doering
For over 100 years, Crane School District has been committed to providing the highest quality of education to every student in preschool through eighth grade. We are very proud of the high standards of academic achievement attained by our students and staff. It is the district's mission to grow a community of curious change makers through innovative problem solving.
As I continue on almost 40 years in education, I am humbled and honored to carry on the legacy of Crane's "Leaders in Learning". Through the efforts of those before me, our district is proud to celebrate its academic excellence, nurturing culture, and being an integral and involved element within our community. I look forward to continuing those initiatives through innovative and creative, yet research-based concepts, along with the continued path of fiscal responsibility and compliance. Crane is categorically one of the finest school districts in the state, and I am grateful for the opportunity to serve as your Superintendent alongside a dedicated passionate, and courteous staff.
Hallmarks of Crane Schools
- Partnership with Apple
- Apple Distinguished Schools: Centennial Middle School, Gowan Science Academy, H.L. Suverkrup Elementary, Mesquite Elementary, Salida del Sol Elementary
- 1:1 Student-Issued iPads for Learning
- Certificates of Excellence for Financial Reporting
- 21st Century Community Learning Center Afterschool Programs
- A+ School of Excellence: Pueblo Elementary School
- Free Meals for All Students
The Crane School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. For any inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies contact the Superintendent's Department, 4250 W. 16th Street, Yuma, AZ 85364. (928) 373-3400.